Downtown Menomonee Falls road improvements continue:
WEEK #6 Update:
Phase II of the Main Street Road improvement project began June 14 and expected to last 12 weeks, weather permitting.
This project will reconstruct the Main Street and Appleton Avenue intersection, and Main Street between Hoyt Drive and Appleton Avenue. Improvements will include adding a pedestrian crosswalk, bump outs, and planter beds.
Read the update for Week #6 …
WEEK #6 Update:
- The detour has begun!
- Westbound traffic through Downtown on Main Street is now being detoured; drivers must go left or right at the stop light.
- Detour is north on Appleton, west on Roosevelt, and south on Shady Lane.
- Eastbound traffic will remain on Main Street. This detour will remain in place for the remainder of the improvement project.
Starting Next Week (7/23) – work on the Northwest quadrant of the intersection, in front of Bank of Flowers:
- Removal of the concrete walk and curb/gutter is scheduled for early in the week.
- Concrete is scheduled to be poured, subject to weather, mid-week.
- Removal and repaving of roadway scheduled for end of week.
For further information
Menomonee Falls Downtown is honored to be one of 8 communities taking part in the official Wisconsin Main Street Day #WIMain Street Day on Tuesday, 7/10 at 2:00 pm, presented by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC). Two new businesses being highlighted are both restaurants under construction and will feature outdoor seating and contribute foot traffic to the growing downtown shopping and dining district in Menomonee Falls.
The Fire Station project, a is utilizing historic tax credits and a Community Development Investment grant to convert the former Fire Station #1 into a restaurant owned and operated by restaurantrepreneur Chris Leffler,
Fiddleheads Coffee Shop is converting another historic building, the Koehler-Zahn House, into an additional location for the popular regional coffee shop chain.
The Downtown Business Improvement District has many opportunities for businesses. Get in on a good thing: http://www.menomoneefallsdowntown.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/mfallsbid_development-recruitment-packet.pdf
Pardon our dust while
the Village continues the improvements to Downtown Menomonee Falls!
WEEK #5 Update:
Crews worked on the Northeast quadrant concrete removal (Centennial Plaza) this week; paving is planned for Friday 7/13.
Plans for week of 7/16:
- Early in week: Allow concrete to cure in Northeast quadrant
- Mid-week: Tentatively switching traffic control to the Northwest quadrant (Bank of Flowers) approximately on Wednesday subject to concrete cure and weather.
- This will also officially begin the detour of Main Street traffic. Main Street will only be open to east-bound vehicles, while west-bound vehicles will be detoured; north on Appleton, west on Roosevelt, and south on Shady Lane.
- End of week: Reconstruct curb and sidewalk at Northwest quadrant of Intersection.
WEEK #4 Update:
Crews have shifted work to the Northeast quadrant of the Appleton and Main intersection, in front of Centennial Plaza.
- Right hand turns will NOT be allowed from westbound Main Street to Northbound Appleton.
- Northeast corner crosswalks will be closed so that no pedestrians will try to walk through the construction area.
WEEK #3 Update:
Crews will be completing work on the Southeast quadrant (Nino’s Bakery) and switching to the Northeast quadrant (Centennial Plaza):
- Paving and clean-up will wrap up in front of Nino’s Thursday and Friday; concrete will be curing over the weekend and traffic control could switch to the Northeast quadrant as early as Tues., July 3 depending on weather conditions.
- When the crews shift to the Centennial Plaza quadrant, there will be no right hand turn allowed from westbound Main Street to Northbound Appleton.
- Northeast crosswalks will be closed so that no pedestrians will try to walk through the construction area.
- By the end of the week of 7/2, curb, gutter and some sidewalk work could be under way.
WEEK #2 Update:
Crews will continuing work on the South East Quadrant, in front of Nino’s Bakery
- Traffic Control – South East Crosswalks (in front of Nino’s) will be closed so that no pedestrians will try to walk through the construction area. No other major changes are anticipated.
- Curb and Gutter in the South East quadrant should be constructed during the beginning of the week and additional pavement removal is expected during the rest of the week.
- Sidewalk installation of the South East quadrant is expected later in the week, subject to weather.
WEEK #1 Update:
• Concrete cutting at the southeast corner of Appleton Avenue & Main Street will begin by 6/15.
• Nino’s Bakery front entrance will be closed temporarily, side entrance will be used and marked with signs.
• Concrete removal and replacement will proceed following the cutting.
• Right turns onto Main Street will be restricted for northbound traffic for 2-3 weeks; access east Main Street via Mill Street or Cleveland.
Phase II of the Main Street Road Construction will begin the week of June 11. This project will reconstruct:
- Main Street and Appleton Avenue intersection, and
- Main Street between Hoyt Drive and Appleton Avenue adding a pedestrian crosswalk, bump outs, and planter beds.
Downtown Business Impacts
- All businesses will remain open and accessible during road construction.
- During the Appleton Avenue & Main Street intersection work, the side entrances to Nino’s Bakery, Bank of Memories and Sal’s Pub will be used. The front entrances for these three businesses will alternately close temporarily as crews work in the area. The side, alternate entrances will be marked and easily accessible.
- Right turns from northbound Appleton Avenue will be restricted for the first 2-3 weeks of construction.
- Westbound traffic on Main Street will be detoured north on Appleton Avenue, west on Roosevelt Drive and south on Shady Lane.
- Eastbound traffic on Main Street is intended to be maintained for the duration of the project.
- The Main Street public parking lot at the entrance to North Middle School will remain open.
- On-street parking spaces on Main Street between Appleton Avenue & Hoyt Drive will be unavailable.
For further information
Only a few days until Falls Memorial Fest in Downtown Menomonee Falls on Saturday, May 26.
Free festival, free parking! Falls Memorial Fest has it all!
Parking Map Falls Memorial Fest
MAIN STAGE SPONSORED BY RUSSELL RESTAURANTS
Falls Memorial Fest Saturday, May 26, 2018
Falls Memorial Fest will be held on Saturday, May 26, 2018 Downtown Menomonee Falls on Main Street from 11am until 10pm. Live music throughout the day!
2018 Schedule of Events
8:45 am | 1K Run/Walk for Kids 10 & Under – Operation Finally Home
9:00 am | 5K Run/Walk – Operation Finally Home
11:00 am | Opening Ceremony on the Main Stage
11:00 am | Wondersound Community Stage
11:00 am – 5:00 pm | Vendor Marketplace
11:00 am – 3:00 pm | Car Show
11:00 am – 5:00 pm |KidsFest
11:00 am – 2:00 pm | Plein Air Painting Competition
11:30 am – 3:30 pm | Caught in the Act performing on the Main Stage
3:00 pm | Lucky Ducky Derby Duck Drop
3:45 pm – 6:15 pm | Sorry We’re Open strolling musical performance
6:30 pm – 10:00 pm | Rebel Grace performing on the Main Stage sponsored by Russell Restaurants
See the full list of sponsors and details on our Falls Memorial Fest page.
Falls Memorial Fest has added a Plein Air Painting Competition to the festivities! (more…)
The Menomonee Falls Downtown Beer Garden will move temporarily to Mill Pond Plaza this summer … (more…)
Announcing the generous sponsors who are bringing you the FREE Summer Concert series Downtown … (more…)
The Village of Menomonee Falls has announced that Phase II of the Main Street Reconstruction will begin this summer. (more…)
Your ideas and opinions are needed for the Village of Menomonee Falls Tourism Survey.