Pardon our dust while
the Village continues the improvements to Downtown Menomonee Falls!
WEEK #1 Update:
• Concrete cutting at the southeast corner of Appleton Avenue & Main Street will begin by 6/15.
• Nino’s Bakery front entrance will be closed temporarily, side entrance will be used and marked with signs.
• Concrete removal and replacement will proceed following the cutting.
• Right turns onto Main Street will be restricted for northbound traffic for 2-3 weeks; access east Main Street via Mill Street or Cleveland.
Phase II of the Main Street Road Construction will begin the week of June 11. This project will reconstruct:
- Main Street and Appleton Avenue intersection, and
- Main Street between Hoyt Drive and Appleton Avenue adding a pedestrian crosswalk, bump outs, and planter beds.
Downtown Business Impacts
- All businesses will remain open and accessible during road construction.
- During the Appleton Avenue & Main Street intersection work, the side entrances to Nino’s Bakery, Bank of Memories and Sal’s Pub will be used. The front entrances for these three businesses will alternately close temporarily as crews work in the area. The side, alternate entrances will be marked and easily accessible.
- Right turns from northbound Appleton Avenue will be restricted for the first 2-3 weeks of construction.
- Westbound traffic on Main Street will be detoured north on Appleton Avenue, west on Roosevelt Drive and south on Shady Lane.
- Eastbound traffic on Main Street is intended to be maintained for the duration of the project.
- The Main Street public parking lot at the entrance to North Middle School will remain open.
- On-street parking spaces on Main Street between Appleton Avenue & Hoyt Drive will be unavailable.
For further information
- Visit the Village of Menomonee Falls web page at http://www.menomonee-falls.org/1056/Main-Street-Reconstruction
- Questions should be directed to Tyler Zwagerman at the Village of Menomonee Falls:
Email | TZwagerman@menomonee-falls.org
Phone | (262) 532-4278