Downtown Menomonee Falls road improvements continue:
UPDATE for Week of 9/10/18
The striping crew started painting the crosswalks and new pavement on 9/7. Planters and stamped concrete are complete and we are told that if the weather stays nice they should be done soon! Watch for minor, temporary lane closures/shifting during painting this weekend.
UPDATE for Week of 9/3/18
Welcome back to school! Crews are one step closer to finalizing the Main Street Improvement project. Remaining work includes striping, construction of decorative planters, stamped concrete and landscaping on Main Street west of Appleton. We are told that work should continue for about two weeks and traffic control and detour will stay in place until most of the work is complete.
UPDATE for Week of 8/27/18
Main Street Improvement Project beginning to wrap up now that all four quadrants of the Appleton/Main intersection have been paved. Once concrete has cured, and pavement has been striped, eastbound traffic will be switched back to the south side of Main Street allowing the north side of Main Street to be graded and paved between Appleton & Hoyt. Next step will be to complete sidewalk work on Main between Appleton & Hoyt.
UPDATE for Week of 8/20/18
Main Street Improvements are moving along smoothly and we are told that as of 8/20/18 the concrete pavement portion of the project is complete!
– Southwest quadrant in front of Sal’s Pub & Grill, and the concrete paving west on Main is complete; concrete will be curing this week.
– Eastbound traffic on Main Street remains open, but traffic has been moved to the north side of the street. The DO NOT ENTER signs are visible when attempting to continue westbound on Main at Appleton as a precaution.
– Detour continues for westbound Main Street traffic: Appleton to Roosevelt to Shady Lane.
– All concrete pavement has been poured for improvements on Main Street between Appleton & Hoyt. Driveway work is ahead, with replacement of all sidewalk and curbs.
UPDATE for Week of 8/13/18
Detour of Westbound Main Street Traffic will continue as the final quadrant of the Main & Appleton intersection (in front of Sal’s Pub & Grill) gets underway.
- It is anticipated that next week crews may move eastbound traffic to the north side of Main Street to begin removals of curb on the south side of Main Street including the Southwest corner of the intersection of Appleton and Main (Sal’s Pub & Grill).
UPDATE for Week of 8/6/18
Detour of Westbound Main Street Traffic (north on Appleton, west on Roosevelt, and south on Shady Lane – Eastbound traffic will remain on Main Street) the contractor will continue concrete work on the Northwest quadrant of the intersection (Bank of Flowers) and westerly on Main Street out to Hoyt. Concrete pavement in the Appleton/Main intersection occurred on 8/3.
Next week, construction crews will:
- Relocate power poles near Hoyt and Main.
- Pour concrete walk subject to concrete cure and weather mid week.
- By end of week, possibly move eastbound traffic to the north side of Main Street to begin removals of curb on the south side of Main Street including the Southwest corner of the intersection of Appleton and Main (Sal’s Pub & Grill).
UPDATE for Week of 7/30/18
Improvement work continues on the Main Street & Appleton Avenue intersection. This week work will continue on the northwest quadrant in front of Bank of Memories.
The “No Right on Red” signs have been covered temporarily to keep traffic moving through the intersection as efficiently as possible.
UPDATE for Week of 7/23/18
Phase II of the Main Street Road improvement project began June 14 and expected to last 12 weeks, weather permitting.
This project will reconstruct the Main Street and Appleton Avenue intersection, and Main Street between Hoyt Drive and Appleton Avenue. Improvements will include adding a pedestrian crosswalk, bump outs, and planter beds.
Read the update for Week #6 …
Update for Week of 7/16/18:
- The detour has begun!
- Westbound traffic through Downtown on Main Street is now being detoured; drivers must go left or right at the stop light.
- Detour is north on Appleton, west on Roosevelt, and south on Shady Lane.
- Eastbound traffic will remain on Main Street. This detour will remain in place for the remainder of the improvement project.
Starting Next Week (7/23) – work on the Northwest quadrant of the intersection, in front of Bank of Flowers:
- Removal of the concrete walk and curb/gutter is scheduled for early in the week.
- Concrete is scheduled to be poured, subject to weather, mid-week.
- Removal and repaving of roadway scheduled for end of week.
For further information