Downtown Menomonee Falls road improvements continue:
UPDATE for Week of 8/13/18
Detour of Westbound Main Street Traffic will continue as the final quadrant of the Main & Appleton intersection (in front of Sal’s Pub & Grill) gets underway.
- It is anticipated that next week crews may move eastbound traffic to the north side of Main Street to begin removals of curb on the south side of Main Street including the Southwest corner of the intersection of Appleton and Main (Sal’s Pub & Grill).
UPDATE for Week of 8/6/18
Detour of Westbound Main Street Traffic (north on Appleton, west on Roosevelt, and south on Shady Lane – Eastbound traffic will remain on Main Street) the contractor will continue concrete work on the Northwest quadrant of the intersection (Bank of Flowers) and westerly on Main Street out to Hoyt. Concrete pavement in the Appleton/Main intersection occurred on 8/3.
Next week, construction crews will:
- Relocate power poles near Hoyt and Main.
- Pour concrete walk subject to concrete cure and weather mid week.
- By end of week, possibly move eastbound traffic to the north side of Main Street to begin removals of curb on the south side of Main Street including the Southwest corner of the intersection of Appleton and Main (Sal’s Pub & Grill).
UPDATE for Week of 7/30/18
Improvement work continues on the Main Street & Appleton Avenue intersection. This week work will continue on the northwest quadrant in front of Bank of Memories.
The “No Right on Red” signs have been covered temporarily to keep traffic moving through the intersection as efficiently as possible.
UPDATE for Week of 7/23/18
Phase II of the Main Street Road improvement project began June 14 and expected to last 12 weeks, weather permitting.
This project will reconstruct the Main Street and Appleton Avenue intersection, and Main Street between Hoyt Drive and Appleton Avenue. Improvements will include adding a pedestrian crosswalk, bump outs, and planter beds.
Read the update for Week #6 …
Update for Week of 7/16/18:
- The detour has begun!
- Westbound traffic through Downtown on Main Street is now being detoured; drivers must go left or right at the stop light.
- Detour is north on Appleton, west on Roosevelt, and south on Shady Lane.
- Eastbound traffic will remain on Main Street. This detour will remain in place for the remainder of the improvement project.
Starting Next Week (7/23) – work on the Northwest quadrant of the intersection, in front of Bank of Flowers:
- Removal of the concrete walk and curb/gutter is scheduled for early in the week.
- Concrete is scheduled to be poured, subject to weather, mid-week.
- Removal and repaving of roadway scheduled for end of week.
For further information
- Visit the Village of Menomonee Falls web page at http://www.menomonee-falls.org/1056/Main-Street-Reconstruction
- Questions should be directed to Gabe Gilbertson at the Village of Menomonee Falls:
Email | GGilbertson@menomonee-falls.org
Phone | (262) 532-4277